Sunday, August 16, 2015

Day 2

I managed to remember all of 2nd periods names( small class) and make up a song about each of their names at the beginning of class.  It was a happy improvisational accident and hopefully the students are figuring out that play and creativity are a large part of learning in my classroom.  

I was soooo tired from Day 1, that I wasn't sure what was going to come out of me- words, I mean words.    SO I have already learned a lot and/or have been reminded of  many important things.
Green and growing...I want to always be green and growing as a teacher.  Hopefully it will rub off on my students.

Reminders:

  • I need a full nights sleep to show up the way I want, they way my students deserve me to show up..
  • always put my equity cards from the last class away before next class starts....
A-Ha's:
  • My principal really is way smart- I mean way.
  • I have fifth period prep- I don't have to eat that fast!
  • when I doubt pulling off a 20time project, I am doubting my students and lowering my expectations of them( large because biggest a-ha of the day, possibly year).

3 comments:

  1. I love your blogs and inspired by your thoughts and goals. Was this a Stanford program idea to blog for the entire year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No this was my own idea-- I wanted to practice publishing my work as I was teaching my students to publish their work! Plus- I want to be disciplined in reflecting on my work and this holds me accountable.Thanks for the support!

      Delete
  2. I love your blogs and inspired by your thoughts and goals. Was this a Stanford program idea to blog for the entire year?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!