Thursday, August 20, 2015

Day 6: at capacity

My fourth period Government class still has 39 students enrolled in it and they keep showing up- all of them!  I am not complaining but it is different than the past few years when students seemed to not show up for school for whatever reasons.  This year our school of 2000 has a waiting list- we are at capacity.   I feel for the four kids who will be taken out of my class and probably get a complete schedule shake up.  The counselors will try to make it as painless as possible but I do wonder how this happens and to what level does this mean underserving our students.   Who is being underserved in this scenario and is that acceptable? I know that its unacceptable, but this is one occasion when I feel helpless to the system- only able to do my best in helping the kids advocate for themselves and make sure they don't let a bump in the road hold them back.  

A-ha: I would like more experience with master scheduling so I can feel less helpless.

Reminders: Clear directions make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!