Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 91- first Friday

It was the first Friday of the second semester and many kids didn't even realize they were getting a three day weekend....the teachers, however were not as forgetful- myself included.  Its nice to ease in to coming back with a four day week, but at the same time I am conflicted with feeling I do not have enough time!  But here I am on Monday night of a three day weekend and I still haven't had enough time to do all the things around my house-- so maybe this is a personal problem and the truth is I do have plenty of time to teach my students what they need to know.
I like that, "the truth is I have plenty of time". Just saying that out loud feels good (or in this instance, to myself- in my head).  If I constantly feel like I don't have enough time, I can't be present and will race through things so fast no one is going to learn anything anyway!
SO- that settles it.  I am going to give my US History students a list of topics/units that I am expected to teach (not possible) and let them choose which they want to learn about the most.  I could learn a lot from this google form I will make.  When I do I will share it.

A-ha: Not enough time is me believing the wrong things and not being present.

Reminder: There is enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!