Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Day 75- Write the final before the semester sta

I was done with work today by 4:00 pm!  I can't think of the last time that happened.  I dropped my car off at the shop for an oil change and was able to take a quick after work nap.  I guess this is what normal folks do. I like it.
We had a collaboration meeting after school that was very successful for morale and connection and didn't really try to be anything it wasn't.  Very basic work, trying to create the multiple choice portion of our US History final.  We got one teacher down to 50 questions instead of a hundred which was quite an accomplishment.  I personally will roll with 30 and even that is hard for me to do.  Some students are used to m.c. tests and can do well but others not so much. Also I hate testing them on things they can look up the answer to on google.  When they need to remember that info again, that is exactly what they will do.  I much rather have an application of the knowledge for their final.  It takes a long time to grade finals when they are essays, but I think it is worth it.

A-ha:
Every year I drop the ball on writing the final before starting the semester. When will I learn.

Reminder:
Write the final before the semester starts, not at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!