Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Day 123: Friday before a conference

Kids want to learn.  Knowing I was going to be out Monday and Tuesday, the kids expressed dissatisfaction.  Of course, the surface part, my ego, feels good about this, but really the good news is that they want to to learn.  Without their teacher, students feel school isn't as useful. I hope they were kind to the subs (I'm sure they were), and managed to complete some assignments.  The prep it takes to leave is always way more work than the actual return of the students completed work.  Inevitably, I will have to re-assign or re-teach whatever was to go on a day that I was out.  I guess sometimes when the boss is away....

A-ha: Even when it doesn't feel like it, the kids count on us and expect us to be there every day.

Reminder: Keep the plan simple on sub days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!