Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Day 53 - light days

Today I tried to focus on not taking myself to seriously. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my plans for the students and what the lesson is supposed to look like that I forget to enjoy myself.  Don't get my wrong, I am an enjoyer of life.  But I think if some people saw how serious I get in my class sometimes, they wouldn't recognize me. This occurs mostly when I am dealing with a class that is acting low skilled in the behavior and self control areas. So today, I just tried to stay light and it changed my perception of the students and my reactions. I was quick to move onto joy today and very present with the students- not frozen in the fear of what one students behavior might do to my humongous plans for the day!  Everything got done and we laughed and sang in the process.
BTW, I recommend the Redistricting game for any Gov. class that is teaching  reapportionment, redistricting and gerrymandering.

A-ha:
If I want to have less stress, I need to bring less stress.

Reminder:
On Monday nights, drink Sleepytime tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!