Friday, November 6, 2015

Day 61 - Thank god sensitive days only come once a month.

Today I found myself extra sensitive.  I don't know why I was feeling so sensitive but the good thing is, I recognized it very early in the day.  This recognition helped me not blow anything out of proportion or actually believe half of the things my mind was making up about what people were thinking today.  It all started in advisory today when I discovered one of my students wants to leave CAtzNation (spirit club) advisory and return to their academy advisory.  That exchange got my ego fired up into thinking that everyone at school must be thinking about me and how I am failing at CatzNation.  Stuck in self, stuck in ego and completely apart form the truth about CatzNation. The truth is I am there for the kids, whatever that looks like- and the last thing I need to worry about is what other people may think I am doing wrong or right.  I should take the advice I give the kids when they complain that the school doesn't have enough spirit or the class isn't stepping up enough-"If you want more spirit, bring more spirit."  Thank god sensitive days only come once a month. 
I did end on a high note: was asked to sing the national Anthem tonight at our last home football game. I brought the spirit fo sho.

A-ha:  Maybe I am a victim to October.

Reminder:  Being present is the best thing I can do for my students. Stay in the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!