Monday, November 30, 2015

Day 73- Back to work

Everyone seemed genuinely happy to see each other today. We all had a much needed time to remember how much we like the people we see everyday. Or maybe I should speak for myself. Started the 1920's in US History and I had the kids at prohibition and gangsters.  We do a station activity that gives a collaborative overview of the decade as an opening to the unit.  Too many students for my taste are failing that class but I am letting go and showing up. After school, the students who want to pass and improve their grade are coming. The rest I will just keep waiting for after school. Two weeks left of teaching in this semester and then finals.  I love the 1920's and oh how I wish we had more time!

A-ha:
Kids might fall in love with History if we could just spend time going deeply into an era without time crunches.
Reminder:
There is always room for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!