Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 104 - what a relief!

Today I did something I have never done before...I walked a student down to the office to hand off to the assistant principal.   I felt good as I quickly made the decision, I felt good as I explained the reason and I felt even better when the student returned to me - different and obviously ready to change.  What a relief, I cannot believe how much so.  I let go of my strong hold on the idea that I was going to be able to fix this situation and asked for help.  Kudos and props to my admin, because they were right there to give it.  
I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I have a good feeling about the "different" student I will have next week.  (I hope I am not jinxing myself).  Well, I can't predict the future but today sure felt better than many of the other days I have had with this student. I can ride this high for awhile.

A-ha:  Change happens when you learn something, not when you know something.  I know to ask for help, but today I learned to ask for help.

Reminder:  It is true, they just want love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!