Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 14: I need them as much as they need me

It is still only a few weeks into school and am a bit of a sunshiny optimist, but I swear I am not making these good days up!  I just now received an email from a student - "you are the best teacher ever(: I really enjoy being in your class" .     So of course, I would love for this statement to be followed up with specific evidence or an example- and maybe the correct emoji- but I will definetely take it anyway.  I must celebrate these moments for all of us who make kids feel this way and maybe don't get to hear it.  She sent me an email about putting in an assignment and I responded with a thanks for your effort in class.  SOmetimes thats all a kid needs to think you are the best teacher. Of course we all reach kids in our different ways, with our different styles for different learners- but this email is another reminder for me of the power of simply reaching out to a kid - even with one sentence.  
I get choked up and teary eyed when I think of how much love for mankind my students inspire in me. 
I need them as much as they need me.  I'll have to remember to them that tomorrow. 

A-ha : see above statement


Reminder: students do read my emails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!