Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Day 139 - Banana market

"B is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s-, I ain't no hollaback girl"....a little Gwen Stefani playing in the background of my classroom-turned banana market for a simulation/experiential exercise I love to do with my Econ kids!  Teaching them about equilibrium price and how markets work through this game has always been one of my most engaging and impactful activities.  Thank you TCI curriculum - ECON ALIVE!!!!!

This is one of the days when students say, "wow. class is already over? It went so fast!"  In a block schedule, that is a rarity! Its good for me when time flies too.  There was one student who suggested I have the students sell something illegal to make it more fun.  Okay- let me see...drugs? guns? what should I do next year????(no thanks, I will stick to bananas).

A-ha:  There is nothing more inspiring than seeing kids laughing and learning and taking risks.

Reminder:  Don't forget to do reimbursements for my conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!