Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Day 144 - be present

Seemed like an easy enough day, but I was pooped by the end.  A day full of group assessments on pricing , markets and equilibrium  and then after school for those that still needed more explaining and learning time.  Left at 6, but most of the grading is done.
Multiple times I heard students mumble how much they hate school and likewise teachers with similar rumblings.  I'm telling you, its this time of year!  My daily work is just to not go there with them--- must stay present, grateful and available (repeat a million times a day and I will be fine).

A-ha: It's hard for me to watch people feel helpless about their situation because then I feel helpless too.

Reminder:  Maybe I should just be present for them and not make it about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!