Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Day 145: Everything takes practice

Pulled in my driveway at 6:30 and realized I forgot to stop at the Salvation Army where some of my students were feeding a meal they prepared to some of the homeless people in the community.  I almost drove back to Watsonville and decided to stay home.  I feel horrible that I forgot about the event, but my afternoon got a little hectic.  I am not looking forward to apologizing to my students and I missed out on witnessing our students taking action in the community.  Tomorrow, I will see the glow of self esteem and purpose in their smiles...I hope. 

A-ha: I have not found the fine line between taking care of myself and being there for my job and students.

Reminder: Everything takes practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!