Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Day 164 - use your notes!

I just came from City Council meeting and our proposal to keep the street that goes through our school closed until 4:30, passed.  But holy moley...why do they put the motions for schools at the end every time!?There were some students there, but most left after waiting and waiting. I thought I was going to be out of there by 8 pm at the latest. Well, democracy takes time and we gotta hear the voices.  Even as I am complaining about time, I did feel the end was a little rushed.  They made an amendment to the recommendation and then voted without asking for any further public voice on the matter. I was surprised by that and of course I did have one more thing I wanted to say.

A-ha: I would make a good lawyer, if I used my notes. I wrote down some good arguments and points straight from the issues discussed prior.

Reminder: Use the notes you write down!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and advice welcomed!!!